Corporate Partnership Meeting Notes
Zoom Call | 4-29-20
COVID-19 pandemic has clarified and accelerated the need for associations to ‘pivot’
- Events cancelled – not sure when live meetings will return (and a willingness to attend?)
- Concerns about revenue (events, membership, sponsorship) and how to adapt
- Offering logo recognition (branding on website, email, other options) is not enough (little value/revenue)
- Easy to focus on the issues/problems…how do we position ourselves and our organizations for future success (each person identified a positive)
Need to revisit opportunities outside of live events and consider the following
- Year round opportunities/benefits
- Thought leadership and content (move beyond traditional offerings)
- New audiences – current audiences/targets
- New options to engage members and sponsors/partners
- Understand member problems/pains and engage sponsors/partners in offering solutions
Challenges that we face
- Sales – How should we handle? Budget pressures vs current situation?
- Virtual environment – Ways to engage? Security issues? Different types of events?
- Parameters around sponsor engagement – can we push for greater involvement?
- Future of events – Virtual, live, or some type of hybrid? What will we offer?
Benefits to consider offering to sponsors/partners:
- Research awards (Nancy)
- Virtual opportunities (Dan)
- White papers (Lewis)
- Live chats (Justin)
- Video chat (Shannon)
- Webinars (Leslie, Lee)
- Podcasts (Maren, Leslie)
- Videos (Karl)
- Scholarships (Tracie)
- New audiences (Bruce)
- Peer to peer conversations (Steve)
- Online conferences with virtual exhibit hall (Justin)
- On demand education (Amy)
- Topic area e-newsletters (Laura)
Until we meet (zoom!) again!
Need to upgrade your corporate support or step up from sponsorship to partnership? If yes, sign up now and receive tips and techniques on how to step up to partnership